Week by week

Friday, October 22, 2010

I am excited to start transcribing my interviews and start analyzing the data.

Week Ending 10/15/10
                I met with my UIC mentor, Dr. Nadine Peacock,  this week and we devised a strategy for the first steps of my data analysis.  She was so encouraging about what I was able to get done in Ghana even though it is a small project.  I am excited to start transcribing my interviews and start analyzing.  It is also a good experience working with qualitative data, since most of my work in research has previously been done with quantitative data.
                My CHSC course was cancelled for the week, so I just worked on some online assignments and surveys.  In epidemiology we have an exam next week so I am finishing up the assignment for this week and preparing for the exam.  In my global health course, we discussed men’s health.  It was really interesting because there has been a lot of focus on women’s health and there is even a concentration offered in it at UIC, but men’s health has been relatively neglected.